US Signal is a leading data center services provider, offering secure, reliable network, cloud hosting, colocation, data protection, and disaster recovery services — all powered by its expansive, robust fiber network. US Signal also helps customers optimize their IT resources through the provision of managed services and professional services.
We are seeking a Managed Services Technician - Nights to join our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Managed Services Technician provides support for US Signal’s cloud and managed services customers. The Managed Service Technician works to ensure that our customers are receiving the highest possible levels of services and support.
The position proactively monitors and maintains customer server workloads, network devices, backups, and playbooks. In addition, the position is responsible for analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving or escalating issues in a reactive manner. Support issues will come to the Managed Service Technician both by customer-initiated support calls and system generated alarms.
The Managed Services Technician reports to the Managed Services Supervisor and may take direction from more senior members within Professional Services Team.
This position is required to cover scheduled and unscheduled Managed Services Technician absences for similar and alternate shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Ensure that our customers’ IT needs are being satisfied with an intense focus on customer service.
- Create trouble tickets for incoming customer calls or alarms in a Network Operations Center environment.
- Monitor customer server workloads and backups using management and monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues within the customer’s environment.
- Perform routine and emergent duties within US Signal’s data protection suite of services.
- Cooperatively test and work with external vendors, partners and other US Signal departments to troubleshoot and support customer services.
- Stay current with IT technologies that pertain to US Signal products and services.
- Other projects as assigned by US Signal Management.