Experience and Skills:
- Willingness and desire to work the overnight shift.
- 1 year experience working in a Technical Telecom Environment.
- Strong knowledge of SONET and IP standards and interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of Telecom/Transport Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of T1, T3, and optical circuit testing.
- High level of analytical ability and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and optical transport equipment a plus.
- Ability to work well with all areas of the US Signal organization as well as external customers and vendors.
Experience in Microsoft Windows and Office, familiarity with network tools (i.e. ping, trace route, nslookup, etc.) is required. Experience with element management software and network monitoring software is essential.
Technical training in telecommunications and/or experience with NOC practices/services is requisite. A B.S. in Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering is beneficial.
Strong working knowledge of Network Operations Center practices/services is necessary. Previous Network Surveillance experience is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copier/scanner, and filing cabinets.
CCNA and other Cisco certifications preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a match. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team, please apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer