Experience and Skills:
Experience and Skills:
- Willingness and ability to work an overnight shift.
- 1 year experience working in a Technical IP Telecom Environment.
- Strong knowledge of Telecom/Transport Infrastructure including T1 & DS3 technologies and outside plant facilities.
- Familiarity with SONET and/or DWDM.
- Strong knowledge of Data/IP Networking including IP Subnetting, NAT, DHCP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of routing protocols including BGP and OSPF.
- Experience with MPLS/VRF preferred.
- Experience with VES, VPLS preferred.
- Understanding of the following: routing, switching, QoS, VPN and firewalls desired.
- Working Knowledge of VMware, and Windows Server/Linux OS is a plus.
- DNS (BIND) and Email hosting experience a plus.
- High level of analytical ability and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with all areas of the US Signal organization as well as external customers and vendors.
Experience in Microsoft Windows and Office, familiarity with network tools (i.e. ping, trace route, nslookup, etc.), DNS & email servers, and UNIX/Linux operating system is preferred. Experience with customer support ticketing systems is desired. Working experience with VMware or Virtual Environments also preferred.
Technical training in IP, networking, routing, and telecommunications is required. A B.S. in Telecom, Computer Science/Information Systems or Networking is ideal. CCNA preferred, or other applicable Cisco Certifications.
Strong working knowledge of Network Operations Center practices/services with significant Data/IP Network Maintenance experience is required. Technical experience in a data center, ISP, or telecom environment is desired.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
CCNA and other Cisco certifications preferred.
All US Signal employees will comply with US Signal Information Security policies to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of US Signal and customer data. All employees are responsible to ensure actions comply with state and federal regulations and requirements.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a match. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team, please apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer