US Signal is a leading IT solutions provider of secure, reliable network, cloud hosting, colocation, data protection and disaster recovery services — all powered by its expansive, robust fiber network. With over 14,000 miles of lit fiber and metro rings in strategic markets, US Signal offers one of the Midwest’s largest, fully deployed networks. The company also helps customers optimize their IT resources through the provision of managed services and professional services.
We are seeking an Accountant to join our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Accountant is responsible for providing specialized accounting support, including but not limited to fixed assets and all manner of account reconciliation. Additionally, this position is responsible for a variety of compliance filings. This position reports to the Director of Finance and takes direction from the Vice President of Finance as well.
- Be an integral member of the finance team ensuring timely and accurate information sharing with members of management.
- Process monthly sales and use tax returns and other telecommunications compliance filings.
- Process CIP closures including input of assets, reconciliation of the accounts, and reconciliation of capital projects.
- Process payable transactions.
- Participate in the month end close process including updating and posting various month end journal entries.
- Daily reconciliation of various bank accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Perform any additional duties as directed by the US Signal Executive Team.