Experience and Skills:
- General familiarity with Central Office Engineering practices.
- Familiarity with LEC engineering standards and interfaces.
- Basic knowledge of telecom infrastructure design and installation.
- Working knowledge of test equipment for DS-1 through OC-192, MSTP, as well as testing of individual fiber spans.
- Strong knowledge of IP/Data networking. IE: Cisco routers and switches.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco ONS transport equipment and Cisco MSTP equipment.
- High level of analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to work independently with limited direction in performing day-to-day tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Desire and ability to manage the responsibilities of being on-call 24 x 7.
- Ability to work well within all areas of the US Signal organization as well as external customers and vendors.
Experience in Windows, Microsoft Office, as well as various mapping, graphics and project management tools such as Map info, Visio and MS Project are required.
Technical training in telecommunications and/or experience with installation of all levels of telecommunications services is required. A minimum of five years in the telecom industry or an Associate’s degree in Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
2-5 years experience working in the field in the telecommunications industry with knowledge of outside plant, inside plant, telecommunications industry standards, TCP/IP, networking, SONET, DWDM, and Cisco equipment. Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position operates in a variety of environments. A small portion of the time is spent in a professional office environment and this role routinely uses standard office equipment. This position requires unaided lifting up to 50#, climbing ladders or scaffolding, repeated bending, crouching, stooping, stretching and/or crawling. This position also requires rapid use of arms, hands or fingers in handling or manipulating objects or operating equipment, tools, and/or instruments requiring fine eye-hand coordination. Personal Protective Equipment includes safety glasses, protective gloves and hard hat, all as necessary. Exposure to poor driving conditions may be frequent.
Valid, active driver's license with a good driving record as defined by the Company's current insurance providers.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a match. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team, please apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer