US Signal is a leading IT solutions provider of secure, reliable network, cloud hosting, colocation, data protection and disaster recovery services — all powered by its expansive, robust fiber network. With over 14,000 miles of lit fiber and metro rings in strategic markets, US Signal offers one of the Midwest’s largest, fully deployed networks. The company also helps customers optimize their IT resources through the provision of managed services and professional services.
We are currently seeking an entry level Purchasing Coordinator to join our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the purchasing process for the US Signal Engineering and Operations departments. This position is responsible for all purchases related to all US Signal products and services. The Purchasing Coordinator takes direction from the Purchasing and Network Cost Manager as well as the Vice President of Finance.
- Process and execute purchase requests with US Signal’s vendors for services and equipment.
- Track shipment dates on all equipment orders for updates as needed to internal teams.
- Expedite shipment as needed based on project due dates.
- Retrieve equipment quotes as requested by internal teams.
- Process vendor payments.
- Assist with various warehouse functions as needed such as audits, equipment receiving, shipment tracking.
- Monitor and maintain equipment inventory.
- Work with Finance team on project closures, equipment disposal and payment forecasting.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationship with vendors.
- Utilize a variety of computer programs to create and maintain spreadsheets and documents.
- Other projects as assigned by US Signal Management.